IDL operate a personal safety contract system that means any personnel working for us on site are aware they are accountable for their own safety and that they will intervene if they see another individual on site performing an act that may endanger either themselves or others in that area.
We will always wear the appropriate P.P.E for each job we perform, and if in doubt we will seek advice on such specialist items such as high impact eye protection and chemical protection suits.
A comprehensive toolbox talk will always take place prior to commencing any job onsite that will include a manual handling assessment if necessary, and to ensure an accurate risk assessment is in place. Should conditions such a visibility or weather change during the day we will re-asses the task.
Current B.O.S.I.E.T and I.S.S.O.W. certification allows John to work offshore and has unique experience in advising within marine and offshore installations.
IDL Engineering Services Limited is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers. Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company
- Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities